Urbanhub Aotearoa is a multidisciplinary practice championing environmental care and people-centred designs.
Our goal is to bring back the human scale to the built environment and improve people’s well-being with meaningful innovation.
We believe that public participation and consultation are the two inclusive activities that contribute to developing a sense of place in which communities can identify, feel safe, and thrive.
We are passionate about mitigation and adaptation to climate change, sustainable public transportation, and climate-resilient (independent) buildings.
Our services include:
- Planning and resource management:
- District and regional planning
- Land use and transport integration
- Plan changes
- Assessment of environmental effects AEE
- Expert evidence for planning, urban design, landscape, and architectural matters
- Urbanism / city-making / strategy:
- Structure plans
- Outline development plans
- Policy and design guidance
- Urban design:
- Context analysis
- Design guides
- Character guides
- Assessments on urban design and landscape matters
- Visual impact assessments VIA
- Shadowing diagrams
- Design statements
- Presentations for urban design panels
- CPTED assessments
- Spatial planning / place-making
- Capacity building and community engagement
- Tactical interventions and transformations
- Metric collection and evaluation
- Built / cultural heritage
- Special character
- Building conservation
- Resource and building consents
- Liaison with territorial authorities
- Architectural and Landscape design:
- Concept design
- Preliminary design
- Developed design
- Detailed design
- Project management:
- Procurement assistance
- Contract administration under:
- NZIA SCC
- NZS 3910/3915/3917
- Tender assessment and evaluation
- Health and safety under HASAWA 2015
- Safety in design
Urbanhub Aotearoa is a recommended tactical urbanism supplier by Waka Kotahi (the NZ Transport Agency).
Urbanhub Aotearoa‘s team is Ivan Eiroa Santamarina and Charles Gordon.
At Urbanhub Aotearoa we:
- put people and culture first
- provide an ethical response to climate and bio-diversity emergencies
- operate with a strong democratic ethos
- treat people with respect and nurture relationships while embracing other cultures
- are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi
We are based in Te Whanganui a Tara – Wellington.