Urbanhub Aotearoa is a multidisciplinary practice championing environmental care and people-centric designs.
We are passionate about mitigation and adaptation to climate change, sustainable public transportation, and climate-resilient (independent) buildings.
Our holistic approach explores the right balance between human needs and environmental care across all of our work.
We are comfortable working at all scales, from large master plans to drawing details.
We are an affordable one-stop practice removing the boundaries between planning, project management, and design.
Our multi-disciplinary team provides effective and efficient communication (and coordination) via a single point of attention putting people at the heart of everything we do.
Our services include:
- Planning and resource management:
- District and regional planning
- Land use and transport integration
- Plan changes
- Assessment of environmental effects AEE
- Expert evidence for planning, urban design, landscape, and architectural matters
- Spatial planning / city-making:
- Structure plans
- Outline development plans
- Urban design:
- Context analysis
- Design guides
- Character guides
- Assessments on urban design, accessibility, and landscape matters
- Visual impact assessments VIA
- Shadowing diagrams
- Design statements
- Presentations to urban design panels
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design CPTED assessments
- Capacity building and community engagement
- Tactical interventions and transformations
- Metric collection and evaluation
- Built heritage
- Additions, alterations, renovations, and rehabilitation of recorded heritage buildings
- Conservation plans
- Resource and building consent(s)
- Liaison with territorial authorities
- Design (Urban, Landscape, and Architectural):
- Concept, Preliminary, Developed, and Detailed
- Building Surveying and condition assessment
- Scoping studies and design brief formulation
- BIM management and CAD draughting
- Technical specification writing
- Technical advice and peer reviews
- Project management:
- Demolition planning and management
- Procurement advice and assistance
- Construction monitoring
- Architect/engineer to the contract
- Observation and contract administration
- Health and safety under HASAWA 2015
- Safety in design
- Tender assessment and evaluation
- Programme control and management
- Project commissioning
- Independent commisioning agent
- Resource consent applications
- Plan changes
Urbanhub Aotearoa is a recommended tactical urbanism supplier by Waka Kotahi (the NZ Transport Agency), a certified RMA decision-maker by Manatū Mō Te Taiao (Ministry for the Environment), a panel provider for ‘All of Government Construction Consultancy Services’ under the disciplines of Project Management and Design (Urban, Landscape, and Architectural) and a Te Kāhui Whaihanga NZIA registered Practice.
Urbanhub Aotearoa‘s team is made of Ivan Eiroa Santamarina and Charles Gordon and external collaborators (on a project basis).
At Urbanhub Aotearoa we:
- put people and culture first
- provide an ethical response to climate and bio-diversity emergencies
- operate with a strong democratic ethos
- treat people with respect and nurture relationships while embracing other cultures
- are committed to honoring Te Tiriti o Waitangi
We are based in Te Whanganui a Tara – Wellington.
Urbanhub Aotearoa is a proud member of:
• Te Kāhui Whaihanga – New Zealand Institute of Architects NZIA,
• Tuia Pito Ora – New Zealand Institute of Landscape Architects NZILA
• Urban Design Forum Aotearoa UDF
• Te Kāhui Ture Taiao – The association for Resource Management Practitioners
• Te Ao Rangahau – Engineering New Zealand Transportation chapter